Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy 100th Day!

Our 100th Day of School was Friday!  Our day ended with a BANG... literally!  Each Kindergarten and First Grade class (that is 5 classes total) blew up 100 balloons and then laid them out in the hallway like this!

Yes... that is 500 balloons.  We then let our students come out and pop them all by sitting or stomping on them.  It sounded like fireworks going off!  They had SO much fun popping them.  If you click on the picture above you will see a minute long video of the organized chaos!

We also made 100 t-shirts to celebrate our 100th Day.  Each student brought in a white t-shirt and I traced a 100 on their shirt using a fabric marker.  The kids then colored in the 100 using fabric markers and used fabric paint to make 100 fingerprints (in 10 different colors).  They all turned out great and truly unique.  Here are a few pictures.




I made a sign for our door for the kiddos to walk through that morning.  I had to put it on the inside of our classroom since the door would have smashed it otherwise.  It reminded them all day they were 100 days smarter!


Our Kindergarten and First Grade Teams worked together to create 20 minute rotations and each classroom focused on a different activity.  We had 100 day sucker lick and exercises, 100 hungry ants activity, 100 day read aloud and writing, 100 day puzzles, 100 day old portraits, and rockin' the 100th day music fun!  I know that is six rotations.  Our sped teacher for K-1 decided to get in on the fun so she added an activity to our day.  The kids loved it, were moving and a grooving and learning in the process!  Here is a picture of our class wearing the crowns we made.  


Hope your 100th day was a blast!  

14 comments:

  1. WOW! This looks so fun :) Can I be in your class?!?! Hehe :) Have a great day!

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I love the balloon idea and the video was darling! Thanks for sharing your fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ballons! I think that I am going to use this for our kindergarten picnic

    Ms. Patterson
    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun ideas! Our 100th day is this Friday. I'm revamping all of my previous ideas because I have some severe allergies in my classroom this year. I'm loving your ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    Oh My Little Classity Class

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I know your kiddos will remember the balloon pop forever! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tagged you in a blog post. Please check it out.
    Barrow's Hodgepodge

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounded and looked like lots of fun!! Our 100th day is tomorrow! Such an exciting day!

    ~jeannie~

    www.kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tag, you're it! Check out my blog for details! :-)

    http://itsacraftylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooops, I included my craft blog address, so sorry! You've been tagged on my teacher's blog, which is at

    http://theteacherslane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to see a video of the kiddos going in on 500 balloons. You all are brave. Can't imagine doing that. Wow!

    Let me know if you all did a video of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the rotation idea!! So fun, I'm gonna try and talk my team into stealing, ahem, borrowing that idea next year!!
    Ericka
    www.firstgradeandfancyfree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those balloons look like so much fun!!! Who actually blew them up and tied them? Hopefully not you! :)

    Sara
    Kindergarten Is A Hoot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nicole,
    I'm so glad I found you...love the balloon idea. I bet the kids really enjoy that! I am your newest stalker/follower :o) Come visit my blog. I'm a brand new blogger. I have an Abe Lincoln art project you might like. :o)
    ~ vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...