Sunday, July 22, 2012

OWL-Standing Behavior Chart!

Hi ya'll! (My family and I are back from vacation from Tennessee!) We had the best time!  I can't believe that summer will soon be coming to a close... the stores already are stocking up with back to school supplies and I actually made my first trip to my classroom to take a look around.  
Even though I only did a bit of furniture arranging and cleaning - I had time to put together an idea that I've had for a while to see if it would work.  This year I thought I would use an owl behavior chart.  I put together a large owl but after I got it done realized I didn't bring my poster printouts to attach to him!  Ugh!

So I took a picture of my owl and then placed photos of my charts on him to see how it will look eventually.  I'm asking everyone to VISUALIZE here... so hopefully you get the idea.  

I think he will eventually look pretty cute... I still have to add a little detail and laminate him but I think he will work out perfectly.  I am loving my new charts.  However, I could not decide between polka dotted owls and solid owls so I made charts using both.  Here is a close up!



As you can see, I included Purple and Pink as color choices for Outstanding.  With my last behavior chart, I had many requests to change it to purple - so I made charts using both colors.  If you would like to see a better preview you can check it out at my TPT store or click on the pictures above.  

On another note, does anyone out there use Whole Brain Teaching?  A bunch of teachers from our school went to a session recently and I am excited about using some of these methods.  I would love to hear your thoughts about WBT and results if you've used it in your classroom.  At the end of the year I began using the class-yes and liked it. I'm a little iffy on the scoreboard, mirror, class-teach stuff.  I have been watching videos and reading more about how WBT works in the classroom.  I would love to hear thoughts and experiences!   

6 comments:

  1. Love the owl behavior clip chart! I have an owl theme so this is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your owl is the cutest thing ever!! If I weren't already using a pirate theme, I would so switch to owls! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your behavior chart is absolutely adorable! If I hadn't just spent hours on making mine with my cricut, I would have gone with a similar idea you did. You can check out what I did over on my blog.

    http://hootinaroundtheclassroom.blogspot.com/

    Ms. W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... my school mascot is the owl and this is PERFECT! Buying now!

    {Just found & followed your blog}

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am absolutely in love with this owl behavior chart. I have started decorating my classroom in the owl theme. I was wondering if you could make your behavior posters blank with just the colored owls in a specific color for me? Please email me at jacobsmom2303@yahoo.com School starts Monday for us and was hoping I could get this soon. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a first year teacher (3rd grade) and owls are my classroom theme. I love your behavior chart, I'm about to purchase it now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...