Thursday, April 28, 2011

Writing Secrets...

Have you ever read this book?


I ran across this book when I was choosing books for our class from the bookmobile.  I instantly fell in LOVE with this book and had to own a copy.  First, it kids think they are going to learn secrets about cats... something they have NEVER heard before.  However, the cats in the book want to make SURE the people reading the book are cats and not human.  So they put you through a test consisting of meowing, purring and finally napping which ends the book without revealing any secrets.  I thought... INSTANT writing stem.  So I found the cutest shape book from scholastic that has a cat holding a sign.  I couldn't BELIEVE how quiet the kids were... writing and writing about cat secrets.  

Here are a few examples of my kids work:



I love the secret rescue cars!




I just about FELL OUT when I read that the cats go the the "club" and dance with the girl cats.  Check out the disco ball and boom box.  TOO CUTE!

This is one writing project the kids really got into and used their creativity.  I hope it might spark some fun creative writing in your class too. :)

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog after you entered my giveaway:) Adding this book to my wish list ASAP.
    Jonelle
    A Place Called Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...