Friday, December 16, 2011

Grinch Twist... made by my first grade "whos"!

So we did the Grinch thing.. And who doesn't just L-O-V-E the mini-grinch unit by Deanna Jump?!  Anyway, flying by the seat of my pants, we took the Grinch project a little further.  We read the book "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" by Dr. Seuss and was fascinated by all those little whoville characters.  If we were going to write about how we would make the Grinch grin, well then we were going to pretend to be whos in whoville.  So on a whim I took the kids pictures, glued it to a piece of black construction paper and wrote each kiddos name above their picture in white crayon.  If they were a girl their name was (Insert girl name here) - Lou Who.  If they were a boy their name was (Insert boy name here)-Woo Who!  Too funny... but they just giggled and loved it!

They were then given an array of construction paper, ribbon, yarn, pom poms, and a menagerie of craft items to decorate themselves as WHOS.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out - but the end product was super cute! (At least I think so.)  Take a look at these whos...









What do you think?  Like I said it was a whim ~ and they l-o-v-e to do projects involving pictures of themselves.  My little whos had fun and enjoyed telling me how they would make the Grinch grin. Didn't mean to post twice tonight but couldn't help sharing.  Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...